The care of the teeth also has another great ally: brushing.
Nowadays tooth cavities are very common to all people. It is actually a decaying of the tooth, and a hole will be formed in the teeth. And this formation is gradual from small to big holes. This problem can happen to anyone including babies also. Sometimes it is not detected because the cavity cannot get visible in the earliest age but if you do your dental checkup regularly, then you will get to see this coming at the initial stage.
The cavity in teeth is not a very big problem now, and it can be treated very well irrespective of the time being to detecting it. Babies are more prone to this disease as they are really fond of foods like chocolates and all. And also they are not aware of these things so that they can wash their mouth correctly after having food. It is mainly the responsibility of their mother to teach them these things from the very first day of their life. So here we are presenting the article regarding all about tooth cavities including its symptoms, reasons and of course the treatment procedures.
Symptoms of Tooth cavity
Sometimes the tooth cavity cannot be detected at the earliest age as the hole is small in the initial stage, which is why it’s important to schedule your child around 6mo-1yr old for their first dentist appointment with your Minot dentist. But the symptoms include so many things which can lead you to a pain which you will not be able to bear with. The pain also depends on the severity of the cavity and its condition. There are symptoms like:
- Tooth starts to be sensitive: Whenever you eat something or drink any product which is too hot or too cold then your teeth start feeling sensitive, and you will feel severe pain in your teeth.
- A continuous pain in the throat begins: As the hole in the tooth gradually increases from small to a huge one, you also start feeling the pain of it very much.
- A clear gap can be visible in your teeth, and it will begin to pain a lot. The phone will lead to the trapping of food you are eating, and it will only increase the pain.
- There will be black or white colored stains on your teeth which will make you look very ugly. The stains will lead to the decay of your teeth very soon.
What are the causes?
The main reason to have a tooth cavity is a sticky substance that binds to the teeth which is called plaque. It is formed of bacteria, saliva, acid, and food particles. Tooth enamel is the hard coating on your teeth which makes the teeth shiny. Whenever you eat or drink some food containing sugar, the bacterias in your mouth transform the sugar into acid. Then the tooth enamel starts decaying. It will lead to a large cavity on your teeth. Some people are more prone to this risk Fort do the following things:
- Eat or drink too much sugar substances.
- Who does not brush regularly might lose the teeth
- Those who do not get sufficient fluoride.
- The ones who get dry mouth very often.
- The ones who have eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia.
- The person who has Acid Reflux disease. It is the disease in which the stomach acid comes into your mouth.
Generally, tooth cavities are formed in the teeth of the back side of your mouth as it has more groups and openings than the teeth in front. Show the foods get trapped very easily and also the brushing and flossing is a bit tough for that region.
What are the treatments?
There is no problem in the world which has no solution. And so tooth cavities are also can be treated. There are so many ways in which we can treat tooth cavities. Here are 4 different ways:
- After doing an x-ray of the teeth, the doctor starts doing tooth filling. At first, the tooth is drilled, and the plaque is removed from it. Then the dentists fill the tooth with substances like silver, gold or composite resins.
- Sometimes the cavity gets so severe that the upper part of the tooth has to be removed. Then a crown is fitted on the cavity part of the tooth.
- Sometimes if the cavity is severe that your nerves get damaged, then the dentists check for it and remove the nerve tissue, blood vessel and the affected part of the tooth. Then after checking for possible infections, they feel the tooth and sometimes put a Crown on it.
- If the tooth cavity gets detected in the very early stage then a fluoride treatment can be done to restore the tooth enamel, and it will stop the decay from growing further. www.kemmetdental.com can help you make that determination.
Every problem has a solution, but if we can prevent the problem to arise, then it will be the best option for us. A tooth cavity is a prevalent problem nowadays, and it can be avoided very efficiently buy just maintaining our oral health and hygiene. Treatment is always there, but if we take the initiative to treat our habits before going something wrong, that will be our good only.
To prevent this, you can avoid the primary cause of it like sugary foods, hot or cold drinks, etc. You should always brush and floss your teeth regularly. Some foods are there which can help you to get your teeth to be healthy still like fiber-rich fruits and vegetables, the foods containing calcium, xylitol sugar-free chewing gum, black or green tea without sugar, fluoride water, etc. And you also have to do a regular checkup of your teeth and use mouthwash after brushing and flossing your teeth. If you be able to do these things, then you can always avoid the pain of getting tooth cavity.
You should also take care of your child about these things and always pay heed to their oral health and hygiene for the time being. If you be able to do this much, then you will surely be able to avoid the problems like tooth cavity.